Wednesday, May 4, 2011

moving

So!  We are moving July 1st!  We are still trapped in northern New Jersey, but its a town I anticipate liking. (I know, no place will ever measure up to the cultural mecca that is southern New Jersey.) Cross your fingers.  Since I have been hauling the kids around with me looking at rentals, we are already familiar with where the McDonalds is.

The new place we will be renting is a single family house with a backyard, a deck, a new garage and basement with plenty of storage, an attic playroom, 2 blocks from a great school for Greg, and a five block walk to the train station for the Mister.  The house is close to the downtown area with lots of shops and restaurants.  

The rooms are kind of small, and there aren't many closets. (Family--this house is very very similar in layout to our house in Haddon Twp.)  I am a shade doubtful that our king size bed is going to fit up the stairwell, and if it does there will be no room for anything besides the bed in our bedroom.  I am not really sure where the Mister and I will store our clothes.

But! The Princess will finally have her own room, and sleep training boot camp will commence the day after we move in.  

I remembered to ask if the fridge came with the house (it doesn't, very common up here) (ask me about the time we rented an apartment and didn't realize until 24 hours after we moved in that it had no fridge. Yes, a full day elapsed before we realized there was no fridge.  We ate a lot of takeout in those days.)  I did not, however, remember to check if there was a dishwasher.  I am going to really kick myself if there is no dishwasher.  

A whole new house to decorate!

Aieeeee, the stress.

Also, Princess will most likely not be having a birthday party this year, as her birthday is the day before we move.  :-(

Deep breaths! Its going to be great!

5 comments:

  1. I didn't have my camera with me...I only have the pictures of living room and dining room from the listing from craigslist. Although that would show the crazy clown colors everything is currently painted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy i came across your blog!! I also live in NJ and love you blog!!!! Good luck with moving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, pictures, please! (in the sense of seeing the style of house, not providing internet stalker fodder)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!