Saturday, May 14, 2011

ideas for the new kitchen

In the next house, the kitchen has white cabinets and is painted hunter green.  The hunter green is nice, but I have other plans.


I'd like to paint the kitchen navy blue.  I figure the kitchen is a fairly low commitment area because there's not a lot of wallspace, and there is a lot of white to offset the dark navy.

There's a window in the back door, and a window over the sink.  I'm considering these  paints and fabrics:

1. Benjamin Moore's Gentleman's Gray.  I originally considered this color for my antique secretary makeover, but it was too navy.  Which is perfect for the kitchen.  This navy has a bit of a green undertone.

2. The Ikea Stockholm Blad curtain.  I love these curtains; we have the green version in the playroom.

3.  Ralph Lauren Adirondack Blue.   You can see it in a room here.

4. This quatrefoil fabric is PKaufmann's Luca in the Sapphire colorway. I have a yard of this in the Teal colorway that I was going to recover my office chairs in, but since we are moving and my office will now be in the attic, I am holding off for a while. The scale of the fabric is pretty large, though, and the windows are small.  

5. PKaufmann's Chloe in the Sapphire colorway.

6. Ralph Lauren Club Navy.  In the two little paint clips above it looks pretty similar to the Adirondack blue (and they are very similar), but I'd say that the Club Navy is more royal blue-ish, and the Adirondack blue has more of a deeper, blacker undertone. 

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly nothing about interior design, but I absolutely love this color palate. That quatrefoil pattern makes me feel a little lightheaded with happiness, and I don't do happy lightly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. go with 3 and 5! or 2 and 6 as a close second :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're commenting! I love comments!